Business security has never been more important. At a time when criminals are getting increasingly sophisticated, having an equally smart CCTV camera system can make a world of difference.
CCTV systems for business provide closed-circuit monitoring of your property and records the data at a remote location. This is somewhat different from the surveillance cameras used in public spaces such as crosswalks and large parking lots, which are usually linked to a secure location. With CCTV solutions, the focus is on monitoring all activity to deter criminal actions against in and around your business.
How Do CCTV Systems Help to Protect Your Business?
There are two main ways security cameras help to keep your business safe.
- Acts as a deterrent: Simply having cameras installed at strategic points at your place of business can cause would-be robbers and offenders to think twice before attempting to steal items or break-in. This helps to prevent damage to property as well as helps to keep employees safe.
- Provides evidence: In the event of a robbery, security breach or violent incident, a functioning CCTV system would have recorded what took place. The footage can then be used by the relevant authorities to determine the sequence of events and apprehend suspects if necessary.
Now that you know the main purposes of CCTV systems for business, what are the best options to get?
For starters, you want a complete CCTV solution that covers all the vulnerable points of your business. You also want to ensure there is high image quality and that the system has the capacity to record non-stop. Here are some of the top features to look out for:
- Footage quality (minimum 720p)
- Night vision
- Waterproof (if using outdoors)
- Two-way audio
- Suitable storage options (cloud or microSD)
- Accompanying app
- Compatibility with other surveillance systems (if you want to combine with an existing system)
Five CCTV Systems Considered the Best for 2020 Based on Customer Reviews and Ratings:
- Lorex 4K Ultra HD Security System
- This system includes 6 ultra HD Active Deterrence Security Cameras with 4K quality, colour night vision up to 130 feet, two-way audio, cloud app, motion detection, and remote alarm.
- Arlo Pro 3 – Wire-Free Security 4 Camera System
- This system comes with 2K video with HDR, wire-free and weather-resistant design, two-way audio, siren, colour night vision, and compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- ANNKE 1080P Security Camera System
- Comes with features such as 1080p HD and 100-feet night vision, 32 outdoor weatherproof CCTV cameras, motion detection, remote playback, free app, and 4 TB hard drive storage.
- LaView LV-KNG968E86G8D8-T3 HD 8 Channel 4K Business & Home NVR Security System
- Features of this CCTV solution include Ultra HD 4K security cameras, 2 TB hard drive storage with H.265 compression, motion detection, enhanced 100-feet night vision, free app, weatherproof construction, and remote viewing.
- Night Owl WNVR201-88P-B 8 Channel 1080p Wireless Smart Security Hub
- The features of this system include 8 x 1080p Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Infrared IP Cameras, 2-way audio, 1 TB hard drive storage, 300-feet wireless signal, free app, and 100-feet night vision.
In addition to finding the best CCTV system for business, you also want to have find the right people for CCTV installation so you get the best possible results. Power Right Fire and Security offers CCTV solutions and expertise to ensure you get the best of both worlds.