Security is possibly the biggest concern for anyone running a business or setting up one for the first time. Having a reliable security alarm system in place often helps provide peace of mind. Not only can it help scare off a would-be burglar it can also aid in quickly drawing the attention of the police, security guards and other people who can address a security breach.
But it requires a lot of planning and know-how to install a useful intruder alarm system. This article was written to help you out in that regard. First, what are the main considerations when choosing an alarm system for your business?
- Bells-only or more: A bells-only alarm simply makes a noise to call attention to a possible intrusion but will not directly notify the police or anyone else. On the other hand, a connected burglar alarm can send a signal to a pre-determined phone number or to the authorities on your behalf.
- How the system will be monitored: There are many security alarm systems that allow the user to monitor activity on their business premises using a mobile app. The alternative is to have the system monitored by a third-party company who will respond in the event that the alarm is triggered.
In addition to these considerations, there are other factors to bear in mind when choosing a suitable burglar alarm system for your business.
- Cost: While it is not always necessary to spend a lot of money to acquire a good security alarm package, it is crucial to note that the overall cost depends on several variables. There is the initial cost of actually purchasing the system. Then there is the cost associated with installation, testing and maintenance during its lifetime. Having prior knowledge of best practices and local security standards can be helpful in going with the most cost-effective package available. On the other hand, you may wind up paying hundreds or thousands of euros for a system that might seem cheap on the surface but ends up costing way more than you anticipated. If you are not knowledgeable about security alarms, it is probably a good idea to leave it up to a reputable company such as Power Right to design and install the right system to suit your individual needs.
- Installation and maintenance: Apart from the cost, how your intruder alarm system is installed and maintained will also affect its effectiveness. You want the sensors to be put into the right areas in order to provide the best sensitivity to movement. At the same time, you want to minimize false alarms, which can be annoying to the people who are alerted. You also want to have your alarm system properly maintained so it is always in working condition. Lack of proper maintenance can see the system failing to raise an alarm when needed, which can be detrimental.
- Brand and design: What are the best brands of burglar alarms and security systems? Should you go with a traditional setup or try a wireless alarm option? There are many different alarm choices on the market with various pros and cons. So, unless you are an expert in this field, again, it is advisable to have a relevant, experienced individual or company handle your intruder alarm system concerns.
Choosing the right alarm system is important if you are to get the best result in an emergency situation. For that reason, care must be taken when weighing your security alarm options.